Contact Real Brave in Queens for Music Lessons
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 1PM – 9PM
Saturday: 9AM – 6PM
Sunday: 10AM – 6PM
187-08 Union Turnpike
Fresh Meadows, NY 11366
Here at Real Brave, we believe in the serious benefits of learning to play a musical instrument, but that doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be fun to take music lessons. At Real Brave, your child will experience exceptional musical education in a vibrant New York City music school, which boasts affordable lessons to put music within your child’s reach. Here is a closer look at some great reasons to contact us today:
Private and group music lessons in New York City
Many children thrive in private music lessons, especially when they are just starting out on an instrument. However, there is lots of fun to be had in group lessons for musicians of all skill levels. We offer both options, so your child can learn in the setting that’s best suited for his or her style.
- Private music lessons: Our private lessons are taught by a group of talented music instructors in Queens specializing in a variety of instruments. From woodwinds to strings to electric bass, guitar, and vocals, our instructors bring a diverse background to provide students with a challenging yet fun learning experience.
- Group music lessons: To enhance your child’s private lessons, you might add on group lessons, which include options for chorus, guitar, rock band, and funk band groups. Group classes come at a lower rate than private lessons and they are the perfect way to give your child that extra boost in his or her music education.
We offer music lessons in Queens, NY, on a wide range of instruments, so your child can select the best instrument for their interests and musical preferences. Our goal is to help your child find an instrument that they will have fun with and that will stay with them for life. We offer top-notch musical instruction on:
- Guitar: This extremely versatile instrument is a great starting point for new musicians, offering a solid musical theory foundation and providing a gateway to a wide range of musical styles and other instruments.
- Voice: Whether you want to improve your speaking voice or want to tap into your singing ability, voice lessons offer a great way to realize the full potential of this built-in instrument.
- Piano: Piano is often the first instrument of many children, thanks to its wide musical application and foundational role in teaching music theory.
- Bass: We teach both bass guitar and acoustic bass, providing the skills to rock out in a band or provide depth in an orchestra or chamber group.
- Drums and percussion: Drums and percussion are not only a great way to add rhythm and spice to a music group—they’re also an excellent way to improve coordination and your own sense of rhythm.
- Saxophone: One of the most popular woodwind instruments, the saxophone is a riveting instrument that crosses easily from jazz to blues to classical music.
- Flute: The flute is a beautiful, ethereal instrument that contributes heavily in classical music but has also become a cornerstone of various rock bands throughout the years.
- Clarinet: A reed instrument with a flexible and beautiful sound, the clarinet can be heard in a variety of music, including classical and jazz. With the help of our skilled instructor, learning the basics of the clarinet is an exciting musical endeavor, teaching you proper embouchure and how to breathe without taking the fun out of playing music.
- Trumpet: Often a proud, regal instrument, the trumpet often soars over classical pieces or takes off on riveting solos in jazz pieces.
- Viola: This mid-range string instrument falls between cello and violin, providing resonant tones and texture for classical or modern music.
- Cello: The cello is one of classical music’s most powerful and moving tools, with a deep resonance that stirs audiences.
- Violin: One of the oldest and most noble instruments, the violin is prominent in classical music, but it’s also a frequent feature in folk, blues, jazz, bluegrass, and even rock genres.
With all music lessons, we feature regular concerts and recording opportunities so that students can show off their skills to friends and family and get a taste of the performing life. We encourage students to get their practice in between lessons with the most advanced software and practice equipment—which can also help keep things quieter around the house for parents of budding percussionists.
Exceptional music instructors
Our Queens, NY music instructors are some of the best, coming from all over the world and bringing extensive musical experience into their lessons. Our Queens, NY, instructors include violinists who have been playing since they were a few years old, guitarists trained at the Aaron Copland School of Music, and a host of other talented, passionate instructors. Read their bios here for more information.
Kids aren’t always the most careful with their new instruments, and accidents happen. No need to worry, because we offer repair services on all instruments at our New York location. We also rent violins, allowing you to save money as your child tests out his or her musical skills.
Your child’s free trial Fresh Meadows music lesson
If you think that our school might be the right place for your child to find and develop his or her musical talents, schedule a free trial lesson in Queens today. We want to be sure that our school is the right fit for your aspiring musician and we want to provide a complete look at our teaching style before you make a commitment. Every trial we book comes with a free assessment in our PracticePad™software so you can log in and see your progress and goals.
We’re open from Monday through Friday from 1 p.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.